UNC-National University of Singapore Joint Degree Program

UNC–Chapel Hill undergraduates can spend anywhere from two to four semesters at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and receive a joint Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in geography from both institutions. Qualified UNC–Chapel Hill students will have at least a 3.3 GPA and can apply for the joint degree beginning in the second semester of their first year until the second semester of their junior year. UNC joint degree students can decide how many semesters (between two and four) and at which point in their undergraduate career they would like to study at NUS, so long as it is after their first year at Carolina. The program is administratively straightforward: UNC  geography students simply pay their UNC tuition. The UNC Department of Geography will also pay your airfare to Singapore. Click here for more information. Information about the Geography Department at NUS can be found here:  http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/geog/aboutus/history.html

Study Abroad

UNC undergraduate students in Geography have many options for studying abroad through the hundreds of UNC Study Abroad Programs: http://studyabroad.unc.edu/studyabroad.cfm. In addition, the Department has several specific linkage and exchange programs that may be of interest.

UNC Kings College University of London Alliance

UNC undergraduate and graduate students in Geography may wish to consider participating in the exchange program with Kings College, University of London: click this link. Faculty contact in the department is: Professor Conghe Song <csong@email.unc.edu>

Exchange Program with Oxford

Students who wish to pursue short-term, semester, or year-long studies in Geography at Oxford University can do so through the UNC Oxford Exchange program with Mansfield College. In addition, the UNC Summer Program at Mansfield College, Oxford, is a six week advanced undergraduate seminar taught by UNC-Chapel Hill and University of Oxford faculty scheduled to begin in summer 2013. Information about both programs can be obtained from the Study Abroad Office.