Diversity in Geography
Our department is deeply committed to working for a discipline and a university that is diverse and inclusive, one in which scholars from a wide range of experiences, places, and backgrounds can thrive. To this end, since 2013 we have a dedicated diversity committee that works to consider how questions of diversity and justice can inform our research, teaching, and public engagement. Though our work is to make sure that all our programs attend to questions of inclusivity and diversity, below we highlight recent work, events, and resources specifically related to diversity.
- Diversity Mission Statement
- Recent publications related to diversity
- Diversity and justice pathway for geography majors
- We also support and liaise with diversity initiatives across campus, such as Diversity and Multicultural Affairs and in the discipline.
- To strengthen the diversity of our faculty, we work with the Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity.
- Sponsor speakers and outreach activities
Our diversity committee consists of Clark Gray (chair), Altha Cravey and Diego Riveros-Iregui. Clark is the chair and diversity liaison to the college. Graduate student members are Corinna Keeler and Cyrus Sinai.